- Additional information
- SHIPPING & DELIVERY
- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Not Just a Patch Skin Glu is a barrier wipe used pre-CGM application. It gives you a little extra protection and helps your CGM to stick for longer.
- Gives the skin a ‘tacky’ surface for your CGM and patch to adhere to
- Hypoallergenic and latex-free
- If your skin is sensitive, Skin Glu can help reduce skin reactions
- Use with Not Just a Patch for best CGM outcomes. View our full range of CGM & Insulin Pump Patches
If Not Just a Patch Skin Glu is shown as being on backorder it will take approximately 3 weeks to arrive. All other orders will ship within one business day via Australia Post. Read about our delivery options and timeframes.
TOP TIPS TO MAKE YOUR CGM STAY ON LONGER
Here's a great article from our friends at Not Just a Patch - actions that will help you extend the period of time you can use your sensor.
There are two areas to consider when using a CGM that can help prolong the life of the sensor - your skincare routine and the practical aspects of your CGM.
- Exfoliate your skin. With all the daily effort and sweating, there is a lot of dead skin that is left on. Make sure to eliminate it prior to applying your sensor
- Clean and dry the sensor site. It’s important to wash the site twice: first, wash with soap and water and let dry. Then, scrub the site thoroughly with an alcohol wipe and let dry.
- Keep your skin dry. In order for your sensor to not stop working it is important to keep your skin cool and to avoid engaging in activities that make you sweat before right applying the sensor.
- Remove any adhesive residue. It is well known that sensors might leave some residue, therefore it’s important to clean the site accordingly. Consider using an adhesive remove
- Be careful with the products you are using. Antiperspirant spray may help with adhesion, but deodorant might not be so good as it has extra chemicals that can irritate the skin.
- Leave a product-free spot on the skin. While using moisturizing products it’s important to leave some product-free spots for the CGM sensor needle to stick. Otherwise, the adhesive’s chemicals could compromise the accuracy of your readings.
- Give your sensor warm-up time. If you apply the new sensor before bed, make sure the warm-up period of the sensor is complete before going to sleep.
- Be careful where you place your CGM. Make sure not to place your CGM where your skin folds when you bend, where there is hair, and/or near your waistband as it will impact the sensor’s lifecycle. Moreover, make sure to change the sites with every sensor session.
- Keep your sensor dry. If you are not covering your sensor in any way make sure to dry your sensor thoroughly by patting it with a towel.
- Use an adhesive underneath and a patch over the top. If you feel the need for extra care and assurance you can use an adhesive like Skin Glu and then cover your sensor with a patch like Not Just a Patch 😉
CGM & INSULIN PUMP PATCHES185 Products
CGM & INSULIN PUMP STICKERS138 Products
Contour Next Stickers4 Products
Device Patches & Stickers
Device Stickers89 Products
Dexcom G5 Patches26 Products
Dexcom G5 stickers5 Products
Dexcom G6 Patches67 Products
Dexcom G6 Stickers30 Products
Diabetes & Travel59 Products
Diabetes BGL Finger Wipes9 Products
Diabetes Cases and Bags63 Products
SHIPPING & DELIVERY
We deliver Australia-wide via Australia Post at a flat rate delivery charge of:
- $8.00 for standard delivery
- $10.95 for Express Post
Please check the Australia Post website for details on delivery areas and timeframes. Your order will be delivered to the delivery address provided by you during the checkout process.
If you have nominated with Australia Post to receive your parcel via Safe Drop please note that we are unable to take responsibility or liability should an item or order go missing once it has been delivered to the “Safe Drop” location without the signature. We are also not responsible for incorrect addresses being entered at the time of ordering.
Please read here for Australia Post terms and conditions https://auspost.com.au/terms-conditions/mypost-safe-drop-terms-and-conditions or contact Australia Post directly on 137 678.
About Not Just a Patch
Pete is the founder of “Not Just a Patch”, a Type 1 Diabetic with an active lifestyle that found activities like yoga and swimming would cause his CGM to come loose. He felt that his CGM was missing the needed support, even when sleeping or doing general daily activities. He started making patches to support his CGM sensor, and soon this idea expanded into a bigger one: to make purpose-built patches for others like you.
In the process of making his own patches, he discovered a sense of self-expression that came from wearing them. Pete always had a sense of pride when wearing a sensor, and is always happy to talk to people who are curious about them. For Pete, the patch represents an opportunity for self-expression, and therefore “Not Just a Patch” is designed to make a statement, thus the unique colours of our patches.
Finally, he needed more than just a better patch design, he needed more purpose in founding this business, therefore, Not Just a Patch donates 10% of profits to charity. They currently focus our support on helping those who lack affordable access to insulin and Lara, a wonderful T1D dog.
“Not Just a Patch” is more than just a great patch, it’s about making your life a little easier, giving you more confidence while wearing your sensor, having some fun with self-expression and giving back to support those less fortunate.
I was super excited to use these but unfortunately it didn't work. 1 hour after using this my sensor and patch started falling off. Didn't make my skin tacky at all. I originally thought I'd ordered the wrong thing but haven't. Don't waste your money.
Skin Tac is way better. Don't waste your money with Skin Glu.
Prefer the skin tac not sure what these do that is different