Aquapac Insulin Pump Case
$70.00 incl GST
Aquapac Insulin Pump Case allows you to bathe, shower or paddle with total peace of mind. Use all buttons and switches through the pack.
- Additional information
Aquapac Insulin Pump Case provides protection in the water:
- Pump pocket is 20cm x 6.5cm
- Use all buttons and switches through the case
- Protects your insulin pump from dust, dirt and sand
- Supplied with a belt, or you can use your own belt
- It will float if you drop it in the ocean or pool
- The seams are high-frequency welded to form a super-strong bond
- This case features the ‘TC’ Aquaclip which makes the case waterproof to IPX6 meaning temporary immersion is acceptable, but not continuous immersion (see below for more details)
If your Aquapac Insulin pump case is on backorder it will take approximately 3 weeks to arrive. All other orders will ship within one business day via Australia Post. Read about our delivery options and timeframes.
What size do I need?
The case works with most insulin infusion pumps.
But can I swim with it?
Although it’s not designated as submersible, Aquapac have had reports from many users that in practice they or their children have enjoyed swimming with no problem whatsoever. When discussing swimming we are referring to splashing around in the pool or the sea, but we are not talking about endurance/long-distance swimming.
Aquapac testing shows that the TC clamp will let a tiny amount of water in after a period of total immersion. So the best advice Aquapac can give is to wear it in the small of your back if you’re swimming on your front, and on your tummy if you’re swimming on your back, so that it spends as little time submerged as possible.
Cool grey with grey belt
300mu UV-resistant TPU
Case: 1.7oz / 47g Belt: 2.1oz / 59g
Country of Origin
Made in the UK.
Special Instructions for the ‘TC’ Clamp
- Flip the two levers up, one at a time.
- Twist the two levers out
- Place the wire or tube carefully under the retaining arm. The wire/tube must exit through the groove in the clamp.
- Place the two halves of the clamp back together so that the wire is held gently in place. Do not squeeze them together hard.
- Twist both the levers in, one at a time. Twist both levers before attempting step 6.
- Flip the levers over to seal the clamp.
Cases with this clamp are for surface use only, but will offer protection from temporary submersion. They are not recommended for prolonged submersion.
When not using the case leave the TC clamp open. If not the wire or tube could eventually cause a permanent distortion of the foam, risking leakage.
As long as you follow this instruction the clamp will be watertight with or without a wire/tube.
The maximum thickness of wire/tube around which the TC clamp will seal is 1/10th inch (2.5mm).
Important Note regarding Insulin Pumps and Aquapac cases
Aquapac commissioned research by Imperial College London into the suitability of their cases for use with insulin pumps. Results show that in some circumstances insulin flow rate can be reduced by the case. Based on this Aquapac can not make a claim regarding the suitability of these cases with insulin pumps. Use of these cases with insulin pumps is entirely at the discretion of the user.
We recommend that users of Aquapac cases with insulin pumps regularly check their blood sugar levels. We also strongly recommend that you get approval from your Diabetes consultant before you use an Aquapac case.
The tests were conducted by Imperial College of Science, Technology and Medicine using a Roche Accu-Check Spirit insulin pump at a temperature of 20C at flow rates of 2U/hr and 10U/hr. The amounts of insulin delivered over 60 minutes observed were as follows:
- 2U/hr not in a case – 0.0131g (flow rate of 100%)
- 2U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0106g (flow rate of 81%)
- 2U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0056g (2nd test model)(flow rate of 42%)
- 2U/hr in Aquapac 550 – 0.0121g (flow rate 92%)10U/hr not in case – 0.0864g (flow rate of 100%)
- 10U/hr in Aquapac 150 – 0.0878g (flow rate of 100%)
- 10U/hr in Aquapac 550 – 0.0903g (flow rate of 100%)21st August 2006
CGM & INSULIN PUMP PATCHES495 products
CGM & INSULIN PUMP STICKERS178 products
Contour Next Stickers8 products
Device Patches & Stickers1 product
Device Stickers77 products
Dexcom G6 Patches166 products
Dexcom G6 Stickers81 products
Diabetes & Travel52 products
Diabetes BGL Finger Wipes4 products
Diabetes Cases and Bags33 products
Freestyle Libre Patches138 products
Freestyle Libre Stickers27 products